10 Foods You Must Avoid If You Suffer From Arthritis
In case you are suffering from arthritis, such as joint pain or inflammation, you will need to follow a certain diet which excludes some foods that will make the symptoms even worse.
Therefore, you will need to avoid foods that cause obesity, because having extra weight on your joints will provoke even more pain.
AVOID THESE 10 FOODS
1. WHEAT AND GLUTEN – Gluten, a protein which can be found in barley, wheat, and rye contributes to inflammation in patients. According to doctors, the effect is even greater for those having an autoimmune disorder such as celiac disease or rheumatoid arthritis.
2. DAIRY PRODUCTS – The majority of dairy products have casein, a protein which irritate the joint tissues. And joint irritation, in most of the cases, results in inflammation of the surrounding areas.
3. PROCESSED AND FRIED FOODS – Avoiding fried foods lowers the degree of the inflammation. Processed food are rich in ingredients that cause inflammation, too. These products are abundant in saturated fats, sugar, and refined flour that make the food irresistible, but unhealthy at the same time.
4. CORN OIL – It has a high content of omega-6 fatty acids that accelerate the inflammation development in the body. Instead of corn oil, use olive or walnut oil.
5. SALT AND PRESERVATIVES – A lot of foods nowadays contain excessive amounts of salt and preservatives. Consuming too much food rich in salt and preservatives provokes joint inflammation.
6. ADVANCED GLYCATION END PRODUCT – It’s a toxic byproduct from heated, fried, grilled, or pasteurized foods. The consumption of these AGE foods attacks some proteins in the body, thus causing an autoimmune reaction.
7. SOME VEGGIES – Veggies belonging to the Solanaceae family contain solanine that provokes negative reaction in people who suffer from arthritis. The consumption of eggplants, peppers, and potatoes worsen the arthritis pain.
8. SUGAR – Experts proved that sugar increases inflammation, besides providing your body with energy. It worsens the condition of people suffering from arthritis. Sugar, being a high-calorie food, provokes weight gain and increased pressure on your joints.
9. REFINED CARBOHYDRATES — These can be found in white flour products, white potatoes, white rice, and cereals. Their GI is high and they promote the byproduct production that aggravates the inflammation.
10. TOBACCO AND ALCOHOL – Experts have it that alcohol and tobacco are associated with the occurrence of some types of arthritis.
Therefore, instead of eating the above-listed products, try consuming the following ones: omega-3 rich-foods, tofu, avocado, soybeans, walnuts, cherries, broccoli, green tea, limes, grapefruits, oranges, oatmeal, whole grains, garlic, and beans.