Natural Ways To Get Rid Of White Spots On Skin (Vitiligo)
Vitiligo is a painless skin condition in which white patches appear on the skin. We don’t really know what causes this condition.
If you do get it, it typically happens in your 20’s, but it can appear at any age and can affect any race. However, for obvious reasons, it shows up more noticeably in people with darker skin.
Melanin is the pigment that gives the skin its characteristic color. Vitiligo is caused by a loss of pigment in the skin, due to the destruction of pigment-forming cells known as melanocytes. The exact cause of the destruction of these cells is not known.
One possible explanation might be that the body’s immune system destroys the cells, as in other autoimmune conditions.
Before Applying Any If These Remedies, Consult Your Doctor
1. Coconut oil – it promotes re-pigmentation of the skin as it soothes and heals chronic inflammation. I t also has antibacterial and antifungal properties. Put some organic coconut oil (we recommend this) on the affected area of your skin 2-3 times a day and repeat the procedure for a couple of weeks.
2. Turmeric – add a mixture of organic turmeric root powder (we recommend this) and a couple of teaspoons of mustard oil and apply it to the areas where you see white patches on your body.
It will help in boosting your immune system. If there are a lot of areas in your body where you see white spots, then you need to increase the quantity of oil and turmeric powder accordingly. Apply this mixture to your skin twice daily.
You need to use this continuously for a year to see visible and effective results.
3. Manuka Honey – The anti-fungal property in Manuka honey (we recommend this) is off the charts and will take care of the fungus that causes the white patches on your skin. It will help your skin to glow and to retain its normal color.
With Manuka honey, the nutritional content is up to 4 times that of normal flower kinds of honey. This is what is called the Unique Manuka Factor.
You need to first clean the affected area of your skin with soap and lukewarm water and then pat the area dry. Apply liquid honey onto the affected area and allow it to get absorbed by the skin fully to see good results after few weeks or months of application.
4. Copper-rich food – it is needed for melanin production. Take a copper vessel, pour water in it and let it stay overnight at a room temperature and drink it on an empty stomach each morning, as the vessel will release copper ions which aid the production of melanin.
5. Cabbage Juice – extract the juice of cabbage from fresh cabbage leaves and apply it to the affected area, leave it there for about ten to fifteen minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. This will help in reducing white patches on the skin.
6. Vitamin B and C – In some people indigestion causes the development of white patches. Having regular intake of vitamin B will help to eliminate indigestion problem and also eliminates white patches.
Vitamins C improve the immunity of the body to infections and hence are good for maintaining the skin. Consumption of fruits and vegetables containing vitamin C helps in proper digestion and reduces the risk of white patches.
You can also apply the juices of fruits containing vitamin to the affected areas of the skin.