Best Exercise That Lasts Only a Minute and Back Pain Disappears As If By Magic! (Video)
Back pain is more and more common among people of all ages. This type of pain can be highly debilitating and it can aggravate even the easiest daily tasks. Sciatica pain is manifested all along the sciatic nerve, from the back, down the buttocks, to one or both the legs.
In most cases, patients experience a combination of the following symptoms:
- Intense pain in one side of the buttock or one leg
- Sharp pain which causes difficulties walking and standing
- Pain which is aggravated while sitting
- A tingling, burning pain in the leg
- Weakness, numbness or difficulty moving the leg or foot
Irritation or compression in the lumbar spine is the main cause of sciatica. Also, it can be a result of herniation in the lumbar spine, which is the part of the spine which is bending inward, near the lower-middle back.
Namely, the major culprit that accounts for approximately 70% sciatica cases is piriformis. The piriformis muscle is a small muscle placed deeply in the area of the buttock, which spasms and leads to buttock pain.