6 Types Of Body Fat & How To Get Rid Of It!
Obesity is one of the most common health problems, and it can be a result of various factors. Therefore, its treatments can be different, yet, various methods often fail to provide results, so researchers have finally found the reason for it.
Study from Yorkshire Health, in witch was involved 4,000 obese adults, made 6 divided categories:
- Young healthy females – obese women who generally had fewer obesity-related issues, like type 2 diabetes
- Heavy-drinking males — obese men with fewer problems due to obesity, but with higher alcohol intake
- Unhappy and anxious middle-aged – predominantly women with damaged mental health and wellbeing
- Affluent and healthy elderly – people with generally optimal health, but defining features of higher alcohol intake and high blood pressure
- Physically sick but happy elderly – older people with good mental health, who suffer from chronic diseases, like osteoarthritis
- Poorest health – people who suffer from the greatest number of chronic diseases and who were the most economically deprived
The importance of this study is that researchers took various factors into consideration, which is a great step in the treatment of obesity.
Body fat distribution can be of two types- android and gynoid.
“An ‘android’ fat distribution pattern is so called because more men than women exhibit it. You may have heard it described as an ‘apple’ body type when the waist circumference is greater than that of the hips.”
On the other hand,
“A ‘gynoid’ distribution is most commonly seen in women. This is what many call the ‘pear’ body shape. In this pattern, hip circumference is greater than waist circumference.”
To burn accumulated fat in the certain body area, you need to know the cause of its development.
1. Upper Body Obesity (Android)
Тhis group, includes people who eat a lot and are physically inactive. You should limit the sweets, and exercise at least half an hour daily.
2. Stomach-Centered Obesity (Android)
Extra weight in the abdominal area is due to stress, depression or anxiety. Therefore, we recommend to try some relaxation techniques and exercise.
3. Lower Body Obesity (Gynoid)
Тhis group, includes mostly women. You should try lower-body resistance training, combined with cardio exercises.
4. Swollen Stomach Obesity (Android)
The fat deposits in the stomach area are due to excessive alcohol consumption or breathing difficulties. Limit the alcohol intake and try some breathing exercises, as they are a full-body workout.
5. Lower Body Obesity that Includes Lower Legs (Gynoid)
This occurs mostly in pregnant women. You should try water aerobics to reduce the pressure on the leg and feet joints, and also spend some time sitting with raised feet .
6. Large, Protruding Stomach with Upper Back Fat (Android)
Lack of physical activity is the main cause for this. You must exercise more often. Moreover, make sure you reduce your meal size.
Sometimes, if your daily workout and diet plan does not give any effects, you need to check if the excess body weight is due to genetics or hormonal imbalances. In these cases, you should consult a health care professional to solve the issue.